The Social Business Innovation Lab (SBI-LAB) is organizing the Social Business Conference (SBC) 2023, which will be held in Lugano on Friday May 5, 2023 at h 18.30. The SBC is a key event in Ticino to strengthen the social start-up ecosystem and connect social entrepreneurs with impact investors. The round table theme is: Challenges and Solutions of Social Businesses for the SDGs.
Confirmed panelists are:
Dr. Paulo Gonçalves, professor of Management and Social Entrepreneurship at Università della Svizzera Italiana
Ms. Luciana Delle Donne, Founder & CEO, Made in Carcere, recently awarded by Italian President Mattarella as Officer of the Order of Merit
Ms. Samantha Caccamo, Founder & CEO, Social Business Earth.
Additional panelists will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
The SBC 2023 has four main goals:
- Introducing social business startups (early-stage) to potential investors and facilitate their access to financing
- Engaging local and international stakeholders to expand the Social Business Ecosystem in Canton Ticino and beyond through concrete commitments (mentoring, sponsoring, financing, knowledge sharing etc.)
- Contributing to the achievement of the UN SDGs
SBI-LAB was created through a partnership between Social Business Earth and Area 302. It identifies and selects the best talents in social business and social innovation in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It supports social entrepreneurs, offering them:
- A dynamic workspace to co-create and collaborate together with other social entrepreneurs in Lugano
- Tailored consulting from professionals in the area of sustainability and social business
- Training programs
- Access to a network of potential investors
The event is by invitation or manifestation of interest only and participation will be limited to social entrepreneurs, impact investors, philanthropists, academics, NGOs, companies, institutions and stakeholders that operate in the sector.
Should you or one of your colleagues be interested in participating, please write to: email@example.com specifying in the subject line: Manifestation of Interest – SBC 2023.
The event will be held in English and will last approximately three hours.
h. 18:00 -18:30 – Arrival and Check-in
h. 18:30 – Welcome Greetings and Musical Moment
h. 18:45 – Sponsors
h. 18:55 – Round Table Session and Q&A
h. 20:00 – Musical Moment
h. 20:05 – Pitching Session by 5 innovative social entrepreneurs
h. 20:50– Closing Remarks and Musical Moment
h. 21:00 – Networking and Standing Dinner (wine courtesy of Tenuta Castello di Morcote)
h. 22:00 – End of the event
The event will be followed by music and dancing (for participants who wish to stay).
Powered and Sponsored by