SBE organizes events such as the Social Business Conference to sensitize people on the importance and the urgency to build a more sustainable world through the creation of new social businesses.
Some objectives of our events are:
- Raising awareness of the social business model
- Motivating people, companies and non-profit organizations to get involved in social business
- Encouraging the establishment of Social Business Funds
- Starting academic courses on social business in universities and educational institutions. Possibility of establishing a Yunus Centre in universities
- Identifying areas where social business could be implemented to solve a social or environmental issue locally
- Encouraging the creation of new partnerships among government, non-profit organizations, the private sector and academia
- Discussing the impact of local development strategies on the economic and social welfare and how they can be enhanced through social business
- Learning from social business best practices
Here’s a recap of the Social Business Conference held in Lugano, Switzerland, on May 15, 2013.
Keynote Speaker: Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus.
Special thanks to our sponsors: Università della Svizzera Italiana, CP Start-up, Patrimony 1873 of BSI Group, City of Lugano, Canton Ticino and Switcher.
If you wish to organize an event on social business with us send an email to email@example.com.
Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Muhammad Yunus delivering his keynote speech at the second annual meeting of the Social Business Conference on May 15, 2013 in Lugano, Switzerland.